Conductor Janet Hane
Janet Hane is an accordion performer, teacher and conductor. Currently residing in Westlake Village, CA Janet is nationally known for her mastery and command of the piano accordion. With a continuous schedule of professional solo performing appearances, private lessons and master classes, Janet also serves as resident conductor to a Los Angeles based 18 member all accordion orchestra, The Los Angeles Accordionaires “Pops” Orchestra.
As professional accordionist for over 35 years (playing since the age of 8), Janet has performed and studied with some of the best accordion musicians and music instructors available, Peter Sivanich, Carl Hane, and Tony Lovello to name a few. At the age of 17, Janet opened and served as the sole proprietor of her own accordion instrument store that catered to budding accordion players and a cadre of students seeking her instruction.
Facts & Accomplishments
- At the age of 8 started accordion lessons in Spencer, Iowa
- At 17, opened a successful accordion school in Iowa
- Studied advanced private lessons with the Manfred Max and Edward Washinowski
- Studied theory and harmony with Peter Sivanich (Mac Phail School of Music in Minneapolis, Mn.)
- Studied advanced theory, harmony and advanced solo instruction with Carl Hane (Mac Phail School of Music and Professional School of Music)
- Studied advanced theory and harmony at Dick Grove School of Music in Studio City, Ca.
- Studied privately advanced solo accordion with Tony Lovello School of Music in Sherman Oaks, Ca.
- Taught ‘Introduction to Accordion’ at Ventura City College, Ca.
- Currently directs an 20 member all accordion orchestra in Los Angeles, Ca.
- Teaches private and master class lessons weekly
- Plays for numerous events in and around the Los Angeles area
- Has won numerous awards from competing in accordion festivals
- AAA Accordion Contest in NYC, NY
- ATG Accordion Contest in Chicago, Ill. First place, band division
- Placed (solos and bands) at the Heart of America Accordion Festivals in Topeka, Kansas
- Trophied at ITIA
- Hollywood Palladium with Joe Feeney of the Lawrence Welk Show
- Bill Doane Variety Show
- Odyssey Restaurant, Granada Hills
- Sportsman’s Lodge, Sherman Oaks, Ca
- Princess Louise, Redondo Beach, Ca
- Queen’s Arms, Encino, Ca
- Los Robles Country Club, Thousand Oaks, Ca
- Century Plaza Hotel, L. A.
- Biltmore Hotel, L A.
- King’s Castle Hotel, Anaheim, Ca
- Francois, Tarzana, Ca
- Nob Hill, Van Nuys, Ca
- Ojai Country Club, Ojai, Ca
- Saticoy Country Club
- Sunset Hills Country Club, Thousand Oaks
- Santa Barbara Yacht Club, Santa Barbara
- Marina Del Rey Yacht Club
- The Calabasas Inn, Calabasas
- The Stage Door, Oxnard
- Holiday Inn, Thousand Oaks
- Holiday Inn, Westwood
- Port Hueneme CPO Club
- Port Hueneme Officer’s Club
- Point Mugu Officers Club
The Los Angeles Accordionaires “Pops” Orchestra is one of the largest accordion orchestras of its kind on the West Coast. The orchestra was founded in 1996.
The orchestra is based in North Hollywood. The orchestra has over twenty accordionists (includes two electronic accordions and a bass accordion), a bass guitarist, a trombone player, and a drummer. This combination gives the group a unique sound that has been widely appreciated by audiences throughout the southland, including at the Ronald Reagan Library, the annual Swiss Fair, and with the Conejo Valley Youth Orchestra. Many memebers of the orchestra are also professional or semi-professional musicians, and several teach accordion.